Google Panda's updates are designed to penalise sites with weak content and favour those with quality content. So here is what you need to do to stay ahead of the game:
1. Produce high quality unique content
2. Get rid of low quality pages
3. Avoid duplicate content and scrapped pages
4. Become an authority
5. Promote content over social media
6. Improve bounce rate
7. Improve user experience
8. Avoid keyword flooding – use language that sounds natural
9. Vary anchor text- use 10-15 different key words and alternate between them
10. Focus on high quality back links, especially if you only have low quality ones.
However be patient when making these changes…results don’t happen overnight.
(Source: Search Engine Journal)
So you may wonder why it is so important to rank favourable amongst Google searches. Well that’s because worldwide we conduct 88 million searches per month on Google. Along with Google analytics been used on 57% of the top 10,000 websites.
Don’t forget about the Penguin update that happened on 24th April 2012, which evaluates your websites incoming links to see if your site involves link schemes intending to improve rankings.